Create custom recipes
- Updated On 06 Oct 2020
- 2 Minutes To Read
Custom recipes let you save food with multiple ingredients so you can quickly add it to your daily log. Add a name, serving information, ingredients, and instructions, and we’ll automatically calculate its nutrition.
- Web app users: Go to the Daily Log.
- Select Add Item > Add Food.
- Select Options > Create Recipe.
- In the Create Recipe screen, step 1 of 3, enter a name and description of the recipe, as described in the following steps.
- Enter a name for the recipe.
- Enter the Total Prep Time and Total Cooking Time.
- Enter Serving information, including the Amount of servings the recipe yields, a Serving Size description like "servings," "bowls," or "grams," and the Weight per serving (if applicable).Important: Be sure to enter accurate serving information, which Carb Manager needs to accurately calculate your nutrition and health data and the data for other users if you publish the recipe to our database.Tip: If you don’t see a Serving Size description that matches your food, select Other from the list and enter your own serving size description. For example, if you are creating a custom meatball recipe, you could enter meatballs as the serving size description and enter the number of meatballs per serving.Tip: You can enter part of a whole number, such as .5, in the Amount field. Or if you select the Selector link, you can choose fractions from a list, such as 1/2.
- In the About The Recipe section, enter a short description of the recipe, including ingredients and instructions.
- Optional: Select Add Photo, then select an image to include a picture of the food that displays when you search for and view this recipe.
- Select Continue.
- In the step 2 of 3 screen, enter ingredients and select tags that describe the recipe, as described in the following steps.
- Select and add every ingredient in your recipe.Tip: To find foods that you want to include in your recipe, see Find foods, recipes, and meals.
- Select Done.
- Optional: In the Add Tags section, select one or more tags that accurately describe your recipe. (If you can’t see the tags, select Show.)Tip: Tags will help you and other people (if you publish the recipe) find the recipe in search results.
- Select Continue.
- Select and add every ingredient in your recipe.
- In the step 3 of 3 screen, describe how to prepare the recipe and publish it to our database, as described in the following steps.
- Add instructions for your recipe.Tip: For each step that you add, select Options for options to add a step photo, reorder steps, or delete the step.
- Select Save & Finish.
- Optional: Select Publish to Database to add your custom recipe to our database for other members to find.
- Optional: To save the custom recipe to a specific folder in the My Foods tab, select a folder from the list. Or to create a new folder, select New Folder, enter a Folder Name, and select Add.
- Select Create Recipe.
- Add instructions for your recipe.
Your custom recipe now appears in My Foods and automatically tagged as a favorite food. For details, see View foods, recipes, and meals.
This food is now available for you to log. For details, see Log one or more foods.