Edit meal plans
- Updated On 28 Oct 2020
- 3 Minutes To Read
If you want to change a meal plan, you can edit meals either before or after you start the plan. Edit planned meals from within the daily log, or edit custom meal plans, generated meal plans, or curated meal plans (if you duplicated them) from your list of My Foods.
Edit a curated meal plan
You can edit a curated meal plan in My Foods after you duplicate the plan.
- Go to Meals.
- In the Meal Plans tab, find a meal plan, and select View Plan.
- In the plan’s detail screen, select Options > Duplicate Meal Plan.
- Open the plan that you copied to My Foods and edit the plan. For details, see the "Edit a meal plan listed in My Foods" section of this article.
Edit a meal plan listed in My Foods
- Web app users: Go to the Daily Log.
- Select Add Item > Add Food.
- Select the My Foods tab, then select a meal plan.Tip: To narrow the list of items in the My Foods tab, select Meal Plans or search for a name or description of a meal plan. For more information, see Find foods, recipes, and meals.
- In the meal plan’s screen, select Options > Edit Meal Plan.
- Optional: In the Edit Meal Plan screen, step 1 of 2, update the name or description.
- Optional: To save the meal plan to a specific folder in the My Foods tab, either select a folder from the list or complete the following steps to create a new folder.
- Select New Folder.
- Enter a Folder Name.
- Select Add.
- Select Continue.
- In the Edit Meal Plan screen, step 2 of 2, do any of the following tasks.
- To edit details about a day, including changing foods and removing meals, select Options > Edit Day, make your changes (such as move or remove a meal, edit or remove a food, or add a food), and select Save.
- To change the order of days in a plan, select Options next to a day and choose Reorder to turn on Reorder mode, then select Reorder next to a day and move the day to a new location. When you finish rearranging days, select Turn Off.
- To delete a day from the plan, select Options > Delete Day, then select Submit.
- To add a day to the plan, go the bottom of the screen and select Add Day, then select Options > Edit Day to add foods to the day.
- Select Save & Finish to confirm the changes that you made to your meal plan.
Your changes will take effect the next time you start the plan.
Edit a planned meal before you log it
If you started a meal plan and you consumed food or servings that are different from the planned meals that appear in the daily log, complete these steps to edit a planned item.
- Go to the Daily Log.
- Select the Expander next to the planned item and select Edit to change the planned items’ serving amount, size, or other values.
- Select Log to add the edited item to the daily log.
- Optional: If you consumed something that was different from what you planned, select the Expander and choose Delete to remove the planned item. Next, select Add Item > Add Food to replace the deleted item.