- 18 Apr 2022
- 2 Minutes to read
Generate meal plans
- Updated on 18 Apr 2022
- 2 Minutes to read
If you're a Premium member, Carb Manager can generate a meal plan for you based on your dietary preferences, food intolerances or aversions, and other options. Carb Manager can select meals for you or you can choose from lists of recommended meals.
- Select Meals in the main menu.
- Select the Meal Planning tab.
- Select Generate Meal Plan.
- Optional: If you want Carb Manager to choose meals based on your dietary needs or preferences, select the button for any option on the screen.
- Optional: If you prefer to select your own meals rather than have Carb Manager select meals for you, turn on the Let Me Pick Meals option.
- Select Generate Plan.Note: If you did not turn on the option to pick your own meals, Carb Manager creates a meal plan for you and saves the plan to My Foods.
- Optional: If you turned on the option to pick your own meals, a recipe screen opens where you can select meal recipes for each type of meal in your daily log (for example, Breakfast). Select one or more meal recipes, then select Continue to [type of meal]. Repeat this step until you've selected recipes for all of your meals, then select Generate Plan. Carb Manager creates a meal plan for you and saves the plan to My Foods.
- Optional: In the meal plan's detail screen, turn on or off Scale to fit my macros. When you turn on this option, Carb Manager adjusts the amount of food in your meal plan to help you meet your goals.
- Review the generated meal plan and ensure that it meets your needs. If you want to change the plan's name, meals, serving sizes, and more, select Options > Edit Meal Plan and make your changes. For details, see Edit meal plans.
When Carb Manager suggests foods for your meal plan, you can start the plan with the suggested items, select Refresh to see other options or select Remove to delete the additional item from your plan. If you add suggested foods to a meal plan that was curated by Carb Manager, only your current meal plan is changed; the original meal plan in our database is not changed.
If your meal plan is drastically different from your macro goals, Carb Manager asks you to edit your meal plan and add or delete foods before scaling the plan. Alternatively, you can regenerate your meal plan and use the option Let Me Pick Meals so you can ensure the recipes fit your macro goals.
When you start your meal plan, your suggested foods appear in the daily log beginning on the date that you choose.