Sync wellness data between Apple Health/Apple Watch and Carb Manager
- Updated On 14 Oct 2020
- 1 Minute To Read
You can connect Carb Manager to your Apple Health account and share wellness data between the two apps. Carb Manager imports exercise and health data from Apple Health, including data from devices that integrate with Apple Health such as Apple Watch. Carb Manager also exports nutrition information to Apple Health.
Data that is shared
Carb Manager imports the following information from Apple Health.
- minutes exercised, including activities equivalent to a brisk walk or greater
- calories/kilojoules burned from physical activities, not calories burned while at rest
- blood glucose
For more information see Apple's documentation:
Carb Manager exports the following information, once per day,
- macronutrients, micronutrients, vitamins, and minerals from the foods you've logged.
- health measurements, like cholesterol, blood pressure
Connect Apple Health/Apple Watch to Carb Manager
- Ensure the mobile device or computer where you use Carb Manager is connected to the internet.
- Sign in to Carb Manager.
- Go to Settings.
- In My Settings, select App Settings.
- Optional: If you plan to consistently log exercise, Carb Manager can automatically deduct energy (calories or kilojoules) and macros from your daily totals based on the energy burned from active exercise. In the Macros Settings section, turn on Deduct Calories/Kilojoules When I Exercise and, optionally, Deduct Macros When I Exercise. For details, see Deduct energy (calories or kilojoules) and macros when you log exercise.
- Go to the Fitness Device Links section and select Apple Health/Watch.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to sign in to your Apple Health account and to grant Carb Manager access to your wellness data.
Now, when you view a day in Carb Manager's daily log, Carb Manager and Apple Health share wellness data if data is present. For details, see Log wellness data from a fitness device or app.