Sync wellness data from a Garmin device
- Updated On 22 Feb 2021
- 1 Minute To Read
If you have a Premium subscription and you connect Carb Manager to your Garmin fitness account, you can import wellness data into Carb Manager. Carb Manager imports exercise and sleep data from your Garmin fitness device.
Data that is shared
Carb Manager imports the following information from Garmin.
- minutes exercised — includes daily time, in seconds, that you are considered active based on heuristics that are internal to your Garmin device
- active calories/kilojoules — includes energy burned while doing physical, non-sedentary activity such as walking or working out, which your Garmin device calculates based on your activity level, type of activity, age, height, weight, gender, and heart rate (if available)
- body fat %
Connect Garmin to Carb Manager
- Ensure the mobile device or computer where you use Carb Manager is connected to the internet.
- Sign in to Carb Manager.
- Go to Settings.
- In My Settings, select App Settings.
- Optional: If you plan to consistently log exercise, Carb Manager can automatically deduct energy (calories or kilojoules) and macros from your daily totals based on the energy burned from active exercise. In the Macros Settings section, turn on Enable Calories/Kilojoules Burned and, optionally, Enable Macros Burned Deduction. For details, see Deduct energy (calories or kilojoules) and macros when you log exercise.
- Go to the Fitness Device Links section and select Garmin.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to sign in to your Garmin account and to grant Carb Manager access to your wellness data.
Now, when you view a day in Carb Manager’s daily log, Carb Manager imports wellness data from Garmin if data is present. For details, see Log wellness data from a fitness device or app.