- 10 May 2021
- 2 Minutes to read
Sync wellness data from the Google Fit app
- Updated on 10 May 2021
- 2 Minutes to read
If you have a Premium subscription and you connect Carb Manager to your Google Fit account, you can import wellness data from Google Fit. Carb Manager imports exercise and health data from Google Fit.
Data that is shared
Carb Manager imports the following information from Google Fit.
- active minutes / move minutes — includes the daily sum of any activity such as yoga, dancing, gardening, household chores, and walking (when walking with Google Fit, you receive one Move Minute every time you take at least 30 steps within 60 seconds)
- calories/kilojoules burned from activity — includes total calories/kilojoules burned for the day, including BMR, and excludes the following types of activities which are considered inactive:
- still (not moving)
- in vehicle
- tilting (sudden device gravity change)
- light sleep
- deep sleep
- REM sleep
- awake (during sleep cycle)
- unknown (unable to detect activity)
Connect Google Fit to Carb Manager
- Ensure the mobile device or computer where you use Carb Manager is connected to the internet.
- Sign in to Carb Manager.
- Go to Settings.
- In My Settings, select App Settings.
- Optional: If you plan to consistently log exercise, Carb Manager can automatically deduct energy (calories or kilojoules) and macros from your daily totals based on the energy burned from active exercise. In the Macros Settings section, turn on Enable Calories/Kilojoules Burned and, optionally, Enable Macros Burned Deduction. For details, see Deduct energy (calories or kilojoules) and macros when you log exercise.Important: If you turned on the option to deduct energy (calories or kilojoules) when you log exercise, be sure the activity level you selected in your profile matches your daily lifestyle and your intention to log activity from a synced fitness device or app. If you previously set a high activity level because you exercise and your daily activity primarily consists of exercise that you intend to log in Carb Manager, then select Sedentary as your activity level to ensure Carb Manager doesn’t count the energy that you burn twice.
- Go to the Health & Fitness Device Links section and select Google Fit.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to sign in to your Google Fit account and to grant Carb Manager access to your wellness data.
Now, when you view a day in Carb Manager’s daily log, Carb Manager imports wellness data from Google Fit if data is present. For details, see View wellness data from a fitness device or app.