- 05 Oct 2021
- 2 Minutes to read
Create your profile (activity level, weight, and more)
- Updated on 05 Oct 2021
- 2 Minutes to read
We use the information in your profile to personalize your experience with Carb Manager, to determine your diet and health goals, and to analyze your progress.
To add or update your profile, complete these steps.
- Go to Settings.
- Select My Profile.
- Optional: Enter the following information.
- Profile photo (see Add and delete your profile photo for details)
- First name and Last nameTip: Your full profile name is only visible to you. If you plan to participate in our Carb Manager community, you can also create a username that is visible to other people. See Change your public name for details.
- Enter the following information.
- Sex (Note that some diet goals differ based on female or male biology. Carb Manager typically provides the best results when you choose your sex at birth.)
- Birth month, day, and year
- Height and your preferred measurement of feet (ft) or centimeters (cm)
- Enter your current Weight and your preferred measurement of pounds (lb) or kilograms (kg).Important: If your weight changes over time, enter your weight measurements to ensure Carb Manager provides you with the most accurate information. Weight measurements appear in the Goals > Progress tab, where you can track your progress and gain insights toward your goals, including your weight goal.
- Select your current Activity level.Important: Keep your activity level current. If your activity level changes over time, update your activity level to ensure Carb Manager provides you with the most accurate information.
Types of activity levels:
- Sedentary — You work a desk job with little or no exercise.
- Lightly Active — You work a job with light physical demands, or you work a desk job and perform light exercise (at the level of a brisk walk) for 30 minutes per day, 3-5 times per week.
- Moderately Active — You work a moderately physically demanding job, such as a construction worker, or you work a desk job and engage in moderate exercise for 1 hour per day, 3-5 times per week.
- Very Active — You work a consistently physically demanding job, such as an agricultural worker, or you work a desk job and engage in intense exercise for 1 hour per day or moderate exercise for 2 hours per day, 5-7 times per week.
- Extra Active — You work an extremely physically demanding job, such as a professional athlete, competitive cyclist, or fitness professional, or you engage in intense exercise for at least 2 hours per day.
Carb Manager automatically saves the information that you enter.