- 28 Feb 2022
- 3 Minutes to read
Sync wellness data between Apple Health/Apple Watch and Carb Manager
- Updated on 28 Feb 2022
- 3 Minutes to read
You can connect Carb Manager to your Apple Health account and share wellness data between the two apps. Carb Manager imports exercise and health data from Apple Health, including data from devices that integrate with Apple Health such as Apple Watch. Carb Manager also exports nutrition information to Apple Health.
Data that is shared
Carb Manager imports the following information from Apple Health.
- exercise time — includes activities with an average intensity equivalent to a brisk walk or greater
- active energy (calories/kilojoules) burned — includes calories/kilojoules burned from physical activities, not calories/kilojoules burned while at rest
- body fat %
- blood glucose
Carb Manager exports the following information, once per day.
- macronutrients, micronutrients, vitamins, and minerals from the foods you've logged
- health measurements, like cholesterol, blood pressure
Connect Apple Health/Apple Watch to Carb Manager
- Ensure the mobile device where you use Carb Manager is connected to the internet.
- Sign in to Carb Manager.
- Go to Settings.
- In My Settings, select App Settings.
- Optional: If you plan to consistently log exercise, Carb Manager can automatically deduct energy (calories or kilojoules) and macros from your daily totals based on the energy burned from active exercise. In the Macros Settings section, turn on Enable Calories/Kilojoules Burned and, optionally, Enable Macros Burned Deduction. For details, see Deduct energy (calories or kilojoules) and macros when you log exercise.Important: If you turned on the option to deduct energy (calories or kilojoules) when you log exercise, be sure the activity level you selected in your profile matches your daily lifestyle and your intention to log activity from a synced fitness device or app. If you previously set a high activity level because you exercise and your daily activity primarily consists of exercise that you intend to log in Carb Manager, then select Sedentary as your activity level to ensure Carb Manager doesn’t count the energy that you burn twice.
- Go to the Health & Fitness Device Links section and select Apple Health/Watch.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to sign in to your Apple Health account and to grant Carb Manager access to your wellness data.Tip: If you have problems connecting Carb Manager to Apple Health or Apple Watch, see Troubleshoot issues from a fitness device or app.
Carb Manager is now synced with Apple Health. When you view a day in Carb Manager's daily log, Carb Manager and Apple Health share wellness data if data is present. For details, see View wellness data from a fitness device or app.
- To ensure Carb Manager receives your preferred data from Apple Health, complete the steps in next section, Set Apple Health's priority data source.
Set Apple Health's priority data source
Apple Health can collect data from multiple sources, including an Apple Watch, phone, digital scale, and other sources. When Apple Health detects more than one data source, it uses data from the source that you select as the priority source and shares that data with Carb Manager. Complete these steps to check Apple Health's data sources and, if necessary, to select a priority data source for all categories of data that you want to share with Carb Manager.
- If you haven't already synced Carb Manager with your Apple Health app, complete the steps in the previous section, Connect Apple Health/Apple Watch to Carb Manager.
- Open Apple Health, then tap the Browse tab.
- Tap one of the following Health Categories and subcategories:
- Activity > Active Energy
- Activity > Exercise Minutes
- Activity > Steps
- Body Measurements > Weight
- Body Measurements > Body Fat Percentage
- Vitals > Blood Glucose
- In the screen for the subcategory you selected, scroll down, then tap Data Sources & Access.
- In the Data Sources section, ensure your preferred data source, such as Apple Watch, appears at the top of the list of data sources. To change the order of data sources, do the following steps.
- Tap Edit.
- Touch and hold the Change Order button next to your preferred data source.
- Drag your preferred data source to the top of the Data Sources list.
- Tap Done.
- Return to step 2 and repeat the previous steps to choose your priority data source for each category and subcategory of data that you want to share with Carb Manager.