Get started with Carb Manager
- Updated On 04 Dec 2020
- 2 Minutes To Read
Our mission is to empower you to achieve your diet and wellness goals and to make a healthy low-carb lifestyle easy, fun, and delicious. This article describes how to set up, or refresh, your profile and main goals by using the Getting Started Wizard, and directly through settings. This article also provides resources that will get you started logging food and activities, track body and health measurements, and more.
Set up and use Carb Manager
If you're new to Carb Manager, the following steps describe how to get the app, set up your profile and goals, and track your diet and progress.
- Get the Carb Manager mobile app, or visit carbmanager.com and select Sign In to use the Carb Manager web app.Tip: Create a registered account to secure access to your data if you lose or replace your device. (A registered account is required to use the web app, but not the mobile app.)Tip: Subscribe to Carb Manager Premium to unlock features that help you manage goals and analyze results. You also get exclusive content such as recipes and meal plans.
- The first time you open Carb Manager, the Getting Started Wizard guides you through a few steps to create your profile and to understand your main goals. Carb Manager uses this information to calculate your daily energy budget (calories or kilojoules) and your macros (carbs, protein, fats) goals. You can revisit and update your information at any time by using one of these options.
- To revisit the Getting Started Wizard, go to Settings and select Getting Started Wizard in the Goal Settings section.
- You can create or edit your profile directly or customize your main diet goals with the Macros Calculator, including options to ease into your diet and to set carb and macros cycling goals(different goals on different days).Important: Keep your profile’s activity level current to ensure Carb Manager provides you with the most accurate information.
- Track your food, water, exercise, fasting hours, and more in the Daily Log. For details, see Daily log overview.
- Track specific body and health measurements such as your weight, waist size, cholesterol, and more. For details, see articles in the Track body and health measurements section of our knowledge base.
- View your daily progress, view historical measurements, and analyze results. For details, see View progress and gain insights toward goals.
- See Get more from Carb Manager, which describes how to set additional goals for macros, micronutrients, exercise, meals, and more; customize Carb Manager’s settings including the type of carbs you want to track and whether to view metric or imperial measurements; sync a fitness device or app with Carb Manager, and connect with other people in the Carb Manager community.